Advantages of Ware Academy Theory Classes
"The study of music theory allows the performance to be more then a series of memorized mechanical actions. " -Peter Ware
- Highest RCMusic Theory Grades & Averages in GTA
- Low Failures Rates
- RCMusic National Gold Medal Winners
Ware Academy students won the RCMusic National Gold Medal in Music Theory for the years of 2009, 2010, 2014 & 2016. It represents the highest average in Canada for all theory requirements (excluding rudiments) for the ARCT diploma. All of our winners maintained an average of 94 or above for all of their ARCT Theory Requirements not count rudiments!
- Guarantee Policy If theory students study weekly, complete homework and mock exams, they will pass the exam. For those unable to meet requirements, they will be eligible to “retake” without additional payment of class fee only if and when there is space available contingent on instructors approval. Disruptive behavioral is not permitted in class and will forfeit the guarantee. “Retake” students may not reserve a seat prior to the first class.
- RCMusic Advanced Certified Teachers for all Theory Subjects.
- Highly Qualified Instructors Instructors have multiple university music degrees. Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Master of Music (MM), Bachelor of Music (BM) and Bachelor of Music Education (BME)
- 30 Hours of Classes
While many other schools offer classes adding up only to 24 hours, classes at the Ware Academy of Music we try to maintain a minimum of 30 hours of class instruction.
- Homework Check
Students arrive early to have homework checked at the desk.
- Free Workshops
Rudiments and Harmony classes are supported with extra free workshop tutorials.
- Clear English Presentations Teachers do not have accents that may hinder comprehension.
- Testing and Mock Exams
Weekly tests allow students/parents to constantly monitor progress. Mock exams provide realistic expectations. Ware Academy provides 8 practice exams for Advanced Rudiments, 2 for all History levels and 4 for Harmony levels. Our free mock exams are designed to illustrate difficult scenarios. They are distributed, graded and returned as part of class fees. Exams submitted from the RCM Official Examination Papers are subject to additional charge.
- Memory Techniques
History classes offer memorization and retention techniques for exceptional grades with a fun, positive approach.
- Quality Educational Textbooks
Classes utilize a textbook series designed for RCMusic theory examinations by Peter and Lynn Ware. A consistent, organized approach allows a comfortable progression and easy transition throughout the full theory requirements. The series maintains a consistency of approach through the grades, thereby making it easier to pass or obtain higher grades as they advance through the RCMusic theory requirements.
- Songs: Directing and Protecting
Peter Ware’s harmony textbook series, Harmony of the Spheres, includes helpful musical examples and teaches harmonic progressions through a series of songs.
- No Registration Fees